Thursday, May 30, 2013

Elybat beyond ScoobyDome?

Had a dream that I was living in some post apocalyptic world where I  lived on the outskirts of a large city populated by fearful groups of people who rarely ventured out of the city. Their reason for this was largely due to the violent gangs that inhabited the surrounding area. 
I was apparently part of  this violent gang and had recently left on my own 
trying to get away from the life I was living . I knew the gang would be quick
 to find me as I had made off with their prized vehicle which was the
 fastest in the wasteland. These "road warriors" were a crazed bunch 
known for their lack of compassion and ruthless ways. 
In the dream I was a loner refusing to take on any type of companionship.
That is untill one day that a woman ventured out of the city into the wasteland.
The woman in my dream ( my girlfriend in the waking world;) stumbled upon my
camp while I was away and was met with an unwelcome tone when I returned. 
To make a long story short she grew on me and became my companion and things 
began to take a rather pleasant turn in my rather drab depressing life. 
Then one day my old gang caught up with me. Demanding their vehicle back
And in taking notice of my beautiful female companion they did exactly what 
any crazed blood thirsty band of thugs would do.....they began to grovel
and whine !....WAIT, WHAT!??? 
That's right, this is where my dream becomes derailed and completely 
scatterbrained pulling from various memories.
See the rumored blood thirsty clan was nothing more than a group of
abnoxious , mismatched animated characters from my childhood! 
Lets see from what I can remember some of the annoying characters were
Scobby doo as well as Captain Caveman and that infuriating Speedbuggy 
that constantly spit and struggled to do anything helpful . Both Captain 
Caveman and Speed Buggy recently appeared in a Scooby Doo Mystery inc. cartoon 
that my youngest son is quite fond of. In the dreams i had to battle giant 
spiders which also appeared in a cartoon. 
Looks like I have watched Mad Max movies and Scooby cartoons a 
little too much!
If you dont remember just how annoying these characters were and wish to 
punish yourselves here are some links. 
Don't do yourself the favor ;)




Ok, gotta admit ..... I still think Mad Max is cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment