Saturday, June 15, 2013

replicas.....

Since I was young I was obsessed  with making duplicates of things I liked. I always wanted to learn how to make molds and cast tons of skulls and more. I finally figured out how to do it years ago but still struggle with it. Like all of my art its been a long ass work in progress. I admit I fail at applying myself more when it comes to my art, my passion. But in recent months I've begun to experiment more and more with all sorts of things . Creating not only duplicates but modifying and putting my own twist on things. I suppose I am a pack rat but most of the things I collect become parts in my on going creative process.
My family went through several ups and downs while I was growing up. We have been dirt poor and then well off. Not rich but from our previous stand point it was pretty damn good. Then we hit rock bottom and up and down again, never fully climbing back up the ladder of stability. Early on I was extremely careful when it came to wasting supplies when it came to making things. Eventually I realized by being overly cautious I ended up doing very little. Now I tend to get more done .
I realized awhile back that time is just ticking away and I have yet to reach the place I want to be as far as being an artist goes. I would have never created my dear friends Lucy Goat or Doloris Bones.
I need to add more art on this blog. soon...very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment