Tuesday, June 25, 2013

warm bodies...

Some thing  I often find myself asking is whether or not I've managed to take in all possibilities . After all I would hate to make a judgement call based on poor evaluation. Lending little help to emotional influence and basing a conclusion or solution founded in logic makes more sense to me. Do I get it right ever? Sometime... And what of other times? What about them :p
Who am I kidding....While I do my best to follow logic I am only human and run on emotion at times and with the best of them, make shit judgement calls . Now, this all sounds rather dramatic ( and perhaps it is) for the point at hand , but none the less I felt the need to mention my often failed view on decision making for this silly post.
The movie this time is Warm Bodies. A recent zombie flick which I found absolutely idiotic...at least judging by the trailers. The absurd idea that a walking corpse could fall in love with a living person made it pretty simple I thought. First thing that came to mind after watching the trailer was, " Wow, its a trendy hip zombie flick for the masses " . Easy to consume. Easier to forget in my book. Bleh, how completely bland and void of substance I thought.
BUT
I ended up watching it the other day out of compete boredom and I must say I really liked it. It was campy and trendy yes,but somehow managed to capture some teenage lost love / beauty in simplicity vibe that always pulls at my heart strings. Obviously don't go into this expecting a horror flick but rather a cute love saves all type of thing. Horrible review I know. so sue me.

If you get a chance, check it out for yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment